Monday, November 26, 2012

Knowledge of All Things: Valley Fever, Cannabis, Advocacy for Medical Information to Doctors & the Public

   I'm so excited to start sharing knowledge I have learned throughout the years! I enjoy having conversations about a lot of different things which include Valley Fever, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Hemp & it's vast uses that is healthy to our environment and there are countless others. More importantly I love to gain knowledge from others!! Without gaining knowledge & the unwillingness to share that knowledge makes a person vulnerable to being misled by our leaders & those we surround ourselves in our daily lives, robbed of dignity, suppressed, held down on the totem pole and turns us into mindless robots. 
   But my biggest passion in life at this time is sharing with others my daughter's life story! In 2011 while first time pregnant at 22 weeks, she was hospitalized with Acute Respiratory Failure. She was diagnosed with Disseminated Valley Fever "Coccidioidomycosis", Pulmonary Fibrosis & a host of other illnesses. At 25 weeks pregnant she had emergency c-section and delivered a 1lb 10oz baby boy, Eli Keith! She had a host of complications and my first grandchild was fighting for his life at Stanford which is about 90 miles away from the hospital Cheyenne was at. All of the doctors say she is a miracle to be living, they simply did not have any hope of her surviving and they also included Eli. However, God is a wonderful being and he sent me 2 miracles. But I only begged for 1 and it was to save my daughter's life so she may experience what it's like to me a mom! He sent that miracle and he gave us the second one, Eli Keith living with lots of love from his mommy & family!!!
   Within my daughter's life story is another story of the medical profession we experienced in 2011 and continuing. It's not so much as a story but cold hard facts about the lack of knowledge the medical profession has regarding this deadly disease, Valley Fever Coccidioidomycosis. If our medical professionals don't know about VF then the public doesn't know about it. I myself didn't know anything about VF but only heard the name a few times. Months of progressive sickness went by before Cheyenne got the correct diagnosis and we are still having issues with doctors not knowing about VF & getting the emergency medical testing & treatment done for her. This has brought my daughter to near death twice! Therefore it is my life passion to pass on the knowledge I've been gaining on to others so they may know how best to approach this deadly disease. Valley Fever Coccidioidomycosis kills more people per year than the West Nile Virus yet VF doesn't get the funding to find treatments and a vaccine to help prevent it!
   I look forward to sharing all my mind's babblings with all who want to listen and also gaining knowledge from those who want to pass it on!!!  
   
   

1 comment:

  1. Tell me about it! I contracted VF in 2011 also. It took me almost 3 mos. to get diagnosed. I had to tell the ER to do the test, but they still didn't call me when it was positive. Their own Urgent Care doctor finally diagnosed me and I was able to tell him about the test. He looked it up and it was positive, but the Director of the ER still tried to say it wasn't. What ensued after that was terrible harassment that has continued to date. I have been fighting for my life for two years and with 3 episodes. Possibly even chronic meningitis last fall. I even saw two different University of Arizona Infectious disease doctors as in the Valley Fever Center of Excellence. The first one told me that no drugs or tests will get me well. The second one didn't order a CT on my chest correctly with contrast, and completely ignored new findings anyway. I just read that they are developing an online class to teach doctors about VF. I personally don't think they are qualified or trustworthy. They lied to me and underestimated my ability to discover their lies. I continue to be harassed out of care by doctors here in Tucson, AZ. I think this state is very sick, because the Governor has promoted the same demeanor. I am filing documents into federal court tomorrow. Like you I too have spent the last two years of my life researching Valley Fever. The three kind of inflamed lymph nodes in my trachea indicated Sarcoidosis. Last summer I researched that VF mimics Sarcoidosis. So that was VF in my trachea and the doctor wasn't even going to tell me about the results. I had to go get a copy of my own. I was also left with hypothyroidism and insufficient adrenals for almost a year until my second episode I finally went to a Naturopath. My head was very bad each episode, with the third one beginning with head problems only. That one still hasn't been confirmed because I have also been left with a severe spine that also advanced to the cervical area. Maybe the chronic meningitis caused it, or maybe it was just the cervical spine, because it is very bad. I have trouble swallowing and my throat, etc. I don't think so though because I was spiking high fevers and having sweats. Also severe ringing in my ears, which bacterial meningitis causes. Chronic meningitis that VF causes mimicks bacterial meningitis. Problem is, that so many symptoms could be either or at this point. The Mayo Clinic said they would have to do a full evaluation, and not just Valley Fever because it has all become so convoluted. I take a lot of natural supplements and herbals. When I wasn't getting any help I began taking Garden of Life Probiotics, which was very helpful. Then eating nutritionally guided meals, which is also helpful for the thyroid it affects. I believe my second and third episode were caused by massive earth moving road construction escalated on top of my neighborhood each of those times. A new primary doctor after I was diagnosed began labeling me with mental health problems instead of providing me proper care. I need to find a competent attorney, and I believe I could make him very rich. I hear your problems about the incompetency of doctors on this disease, but then they get mad because I know more than they want me to. Actually, it may not be that they are incompetent, they just don't want to deal with it becasue it is not a money maker for them. A Nurse Practitioner told me last year that doctors don't like to deal with it, because it is very difficult to deal with. It goes around the body mimicking other conditions. Here is my phone if you want to connect at all. 520-797-3605

    ReplyDelete